Modernisation and extension of the Musée du Petit Palais, Paris

Designed for the Universal Exposition of 1900, the Petit Palais became the « Palais des Beaux-Arts de la Ville de Paris » in 1902. Opening onto the Seine and the Champs-Elysées, natural light flooded the interior through the glass roofs and windows. A century later, the restoration and modernisation of the Petit Palais is a chance to rediscover the original spirit of the place, to create a museum of light, where the works exposed find their real colors and the garden reblooms.

[ + ] detail [ – ] detail